Vertical plastic pellet dryer is a machine for drying plastic pellets. It can take away the moisture from the plastic raw material, thus avoiding the production of air bubbles in the subsequent production process. This allows the product to achieve the desired performance and appearance, while also reducing the production of waste material.
How does a plastic pellet dryer work?
Vertical plastic pellet dryer use very dry air for dehumidification, thus shortening the drying time. The airlines of the plastic pellet drying machine are also closed-circulation systems with filters, so they are not affected by external factors. Although the drying of plastic materials is a simple process. However, it is the most critical step for the finished product, because in some cases, the pellets cannot be completely dried.
The plastic pellet drying process
The vertical plastic granules dryer is mainly used for mixing and drying of multi-color plastic pellets. The plastic pellets enter from the feed hopper and slide upward along the surface of the blades under the propulsive force of the spiral blades. Then they are scattered around the barrel under the action of centrifugal force from the upper part. Scattered materials continue to move downward, by the circulation of the material outlet and the barrel of the circulation of the material outlet is constantly driven by the spiral blades to lift. This repeated cycle to achieve the purpose of mixing.
At the same time, the air is sent to the electric heating box by the blower, heated into hot air and then automatically controlled by the temperature control table to uniform hot air through the material layer. Plastic pellets get continuous hot air blowing in the process of falling. This is the working principle of vertical plastic pellet dryer.
|Model||Capacity(kg)||Motor power||Heating power||rotate speed(r/min)||Overall dimensions(cm)|
These are the specific parameters of the vertical plastic pellet dryer. Different models have different machine capacities. The minimum machine capacity is 500kg, and the maximum machine capacity is 5000kg. So you can choose the right machine according to your needs.
By the way, besides the plastic pellet dryer, we also have belt dryer machine, microwave dryer, and heat pump drying room for sale. If you need it, please feel free to contact us.
Product features of plastic pellet drying machine
- Mixing and drying are carried out simultaneously. The material is continuously kept flowing in the drying process. This can make the heat penetrate more evenly. And the drying time is short and not easy to knot fast.
- Double-layer barrel design. The inner layer and material contact parts are all made of stainless steel. The middle sandwich is installed with special insulation material. So it can achieve the effect of safety and energy saving.
- The special high-frequency heater has the characteristics of fast heating and low power consumption.
- The special high frequency heater has the characteristics of fast heating and low power consumption.
- Many models and large capacity. The capacity of 0.5 tons, 1 ton, 1.5 tons, 2 tons, 3 tons and 5 tons of the vertical plastic pellet dryer has the stock for customers to choose.
- One machine with two uses. When it is not needed to dry, just turn off the “heating switch” and “fan switch”.
Application scope of the plastic pellet dryer
Vertical plastic pellet dryer is mainly used for drying and mixing plastic pellets, plastic flakes, crushed materials and broken materials. Therefore, the machine is widely used in plastic granulation, plastic modification, recycled plastic industry, and so on.
Factors affecting the drying of plastic pellets
- Drying temperature. Heat is the key to open the joint force between water molecules and moisture-absorbing polymer. When it is higher than a certain temperature, the gravitational force between water molecules and polymer chains will be greatly reduced, and water vapor will be taken away by the dry air.
- Dew point. In a vertical plastic pellet dryer, the wet air is first removed so that it contains a very low residual moisture (dew point). Then, its relative humidity is reduced by heating the air. At this point, the vapor pressure of the dry air is low. By heating, the water molecules inside the particles are freed from bonding forces and spread to the air around the particles.
- Time. In the air around the particles, the absorption of heat and the diffusion of water molecules to the surface of the particles need a certain amount of time. And the time required for drying different materials is different. Therefore, the user should know in detail the time it takes for a material to be effectively dried at the proper temperature and dew point.