The drum dryer has the advantages of large output, easy operation, and wide application range. It is widely used in building materials, metallurgy, minerals, chemical industry, etc. It is mainly used for materials with high wetness and high specificities such as slag, limestone, clay, river sand, quartz sand, and water slag. Because the material is constantly tumbling in the drum, it is more suitable for those materials that do not have many requirements for the shape, color, and smell of the final product.
In the tumble dryer, the material is continuously thrown, turned, and dropped under the action of the high-speed rotating blades and the material board, and at the same time, it has sufficient contact with the high-temperature hot air to carry out strong convective heat exchange, to realize the efficient drying of materials.
The introduction of the drum dryer
Drum dryer, also known as roller dryer or rotary dryer, is the most common and widely used dryer equipment in industrial equipment. Drum dryer is a dryer for processing Large quantities of raw materials that are widely used in metallurgy, building materials, chemical industry, coal, pharmaceutical, and mining industry. The materials commonly used for drying sand, mineral powder, coal line, chicken manure, cow manure, etc.
The composition of the drum dryer
The drum drying equipment is mainly composed of the rotating body, lifting plate, transmission device, supporting device, and sealing ring. It adopted the new type of material lifting plate device that has multiple functions such as guidance, flow sharing, material lifting, etc. It can make the material distribute evenly in the radial section of the dryer and the material curtain becomes thin uniform, and complete. So that it can fully contact the hot gas flow to achieve the purpose of making full use of heat energy.
The principle of rotary dryer
The wet materials are sent to the hopper by the belt conveyor or bucket elevator, then the material will enter the feeding end through the feeding pipe. The inclination of the feeding pipe should be bigger than the natural inclination of the material so that the material can flow smoothly into the dryer. The dryer cylinder is a rotating cylinder slightly inclined to the horizontal.
The material is added from the higher end and the heat carrier enters from the lower end so that thee can have a countercurrent contact. Also, there is a way the materials and heat carriers flow into the cylinder by the same side. The material moves to the lower end by the rotation of the cylinder and the gravity of itself. The wet material is heated directly or indirectly to dry in the process of moving forward in the cylinder, then delivered through a belt or screw conveyor at the discharge end.
Applications in the industrial tumble dryer
Drum dryers are widely used in building materials, metallurgy, minerals, chemicals, cement and other industries. They are mainly used for slag, limestone, clay, river sand, quartz sand, water slag. It can also be used to dry animal manure and other materials with high wetness.
Exhibition of drum dryer
Features of the roller-type dryer
- Advanced drying technology, using high-temperature rapid drying technology, large heat transfer coefficient, high thermal efficiency, and high drying strength;
- The dryer has a high degree of automation and does not require too much manual operation. The system operation realizes automatic control and adjustment. Reducing production safety hazards and improve drying efficiency;
- Large fluctuation range allowed in operation, easy to operate;
- With the direct contact between the hot gas flow and the material, the output can meet the needs of different users from 10 tons to 100 tons per hour under the condition of sufficient heat exchange;
- The drum dryer has strong expandability, and the design takes into account the production margin. Even if the output increases slightly, there is no need to replace the equipment;
Parameter of the drum dryer
|Model(mm)||Rotate Speed(r/min)||Initial Temperature||Power（kw）||capacity (t/h)||Weight（t）|