Tomato fruit is rich in nutrients and has a special flavor, which is known as the fruit of vegetables. There are many kinds of tomato products, it can be eaten raw or cooked, It can also be processed into products like ketchup. As a commonly used vegetable in our daily life, the tomato is greatly loved by people. But dried tomatoes also have a unique flavor and have a longer retention period than fresh tomatoes. The dried tomatoes will only slightly lose some of the vitamin C content, and other nutrients will not be changed. And on the whole, the antioxidant activity of dried tomatoes has been improved, which has greater benefits to the human body.
Why choosing our tomato drying equipment?
The traditional tomato drying processes include natural dying by the sun, coal-fired boiler, etc. Why abandon the traditional ways? Because all of them will have a bad impact on the raw material, especially some heat-sensitive materials. They also have some problems like low thermal energy conversion, low degree of automation, heavy pollution.
However, our heat pump dryer can solve these problems effectively. Our heat pump dryer uses only a small amount of electricity to absorb a lot of heat in the air to dry the potato. Not only the energy consumption is small, the energy conversion rate is high, the quality of drying is also high. The whole process is completely pollution-free and the dryer adopted an automatic temperature control device that can realize 24 hours continuous drying. Based on the above advantages, our heat pump dryer has won the support and trust of the majority of consumers.
The process of tomato drying
Quality requirements: Dark red in color, transparent, no sugar flow, properly sweet and sour, with the flavor of tomato fruit, with a sugar content of more than 65% and a water content of about 18%.
- Material selection: Choose fruits with thick flesh and less juice, full red color, but not too ripe. Then remove unqualified fruits with insufficient maturity, diseases, insect pests, rottenness.
- Peeled: Pre-cook the washed tomatoes in boiling water for about 1 minute. Then cool it immediately and peel off the skin of the tomato.
- Squeeze the juice: Dig the pedicle and slit the stalk, and gently squeeze the juice out.
- Hardening: Put the fruit body into 0.30% calcium chloride solution and soak for 2 hours.
- Cleaning: Wash the hardened embryos with water and drain the water.
- Candied: The tomato embryo after draining the water is soaked in 30% sugar solution for about 24 hours, and 0.30% citric acid is added to the sugar solution.
- Candied cooking: Pour the candied tomatoes together with the dipping liquid into the jacketed pot, slowly heat up to boiling, about half an hour later, soak the tomato juice and the cooking sugar liquid in a porcelain jar for 12-24 hours. Repeat soaking 2-3 times, increasing the sugar concentration each time. When the concentration of the boiling sugar solution reaches 65%, stop the fire, pour it into the porcelain jar for 8-10 hours, and then remove the tomato fruit to drain the sugar solution.
- Drying: Put the dried tomato fruit into the material tray, insert the material tray into the material cart, and dried at 60 ℃-65 ℃, the drying time is set to 15-20 hours, continuous dehumidification, to make the water content reaches about 18%, and the soluble solid content reaches 70%.
The advantages of dried tomato
- Protect the prostate: Dried tomato is a delicious casual snack. It is not only suitable for women but also suitable for male friends. Because the dried tomato has a particularly obvious protective effect on men’s prostate, the lycopene it contains can be used by men’s bodies. After absorption, it can promote the secretion of adrenal hormones and improve the function of the prostate, which can prevent prostate enlargement and hypofunction.
- Lower cholesterol: Dried tomatoes not only allow the body to absorb abundant lycopene but also allow the body to absorb a large amount of crude fiber and some natural gums. After they enter the human body, they can combine with the biological salts and cholesterol in the human body, which can accelerate the decomposition and metabolism of cholesterol in the human body and can also inhibit the absorption of cholesterol by the human small intestine. Regular consumption of tomatoes can significantly reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood, which can prevent the human body from developing cardiovascular diseases due to high cholesterol.
- Maintain bone health: People eat more dried tomatoes to maintain bone health because this dried fruit is rich in carotene and trace elements calcium and phosphorus and other minerals that are beneficial to the human body. These substances can promote bone development, prevent bone calcification, improve bone toughness and density. Eat regular can prevent bone and joint diseases and osteoporosis, and can also reduce the incidence of rickets.
- Lose weight: Dried tomato is a low-fat and low-calorie healthy food. People can absorb rich dietary fiber and pectin after eating it. These substances can increase the body’s feeling of fullness, speed up the excretion of garbage in the body and the consumption of body fat, and can prevent The carbohydrates in the human body are converted into fat, and regular consumption can significantly reduce the weight and make the figure more and more slender.
Applications of the tomato drying machine
Our dryers can be widely used for drying fruits, vegetables, Chinese medicinal materials, grains, seeds, paper, wood, etc.