The fruits are fresh and perishable products with rich water content. Various undesirable physical and chemical reactions occur due to the action of microorganisms and enzymes, causing food to rot and deteriorate.
But now, you don’t have to worry about these problems anymore. After dehydration and drying by our fruit dryer, it can effectively reduce the water content, hinder the reproduction of microorganisms, and inhibit the activity of enzymes in the fruit. The dried fruit can be stored for a long time at room temperature, and it is also easy to store and carry.
The misunderstanding in fruit drying
Many people think that the vitamin C loss of fruits is great during the drying process so that dried fruits are not nutritious. This is a misconception about fruit drying.
In fact, the main material lost during the drying process is water, and many of the substances beneficial to the human body are still retained in the dried fruit. The dried fruit will even have some beneficial benefits to the human body, as shown in the context below.
The peel fiber is retained after the lemon is dried. The peel is the highest content of the fruit’s dietary fiber. After drying, the dietary fiber can be retained completely.
The dried kiwi fruit protease is decomposed so that the taste becomes better.
After apples and other fruits are dried, they will have a higher concentration of minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron.
Fruit drying process
For fruit drying, we have both small drying boxes for families or small workshops and industrial production lines.
Applications of the fruit dryer
Can our dryer only dry fruits? No, our dryers can be widely used for drying fruits, vegetables, Chinese medicinal materials, grains, seeds, paper, wood, etc.
The advantages of fruit dehydration
- Easy to store and carry: With only a small backpack of dried fruit, you can meet your needs for a day out.
- Extend the shelf life: Dried fruit with appropriate storage methods could have a longer shelf life.
- Wide range of practicality: The dried fruits can be eaten directly or used to make other flavored foods.
- Healthy food: The dehydrated fruit does not contain any added sugars and preservatives. Besides, you can get all the fiber and minerals of the whole fruit.
Using tips for drying fruit
- The environment around the fruit drying equipment should be ventilated to facilitate hot air circulation and dehumidification.
- When choosing fruits, you should choose high-quality varieties with thick flesh, nice color, high solid content.
- Smaller fruits can be dried whole or halved as needed. The smaller or thinner the cut, the faster the dehydration speed. Try to keep the thickness of the same batch of dried fruits consistent, which is conducive to the consistency of Finnish products.
- Different fruits have different drying effects. The drying time and temperature are based on factors such as the thickness of the slice, the water content of the fruit, and the temperature of the surrounding environment.