Coal slime is a kind of water-containing semi-solid matter of coal powder produced in the process of coal production. It has high moisture, high viscosity, low calorific value, and other unfavorable conditions, which have caused great problems in stacking, storage, and transportation. Therefore, it is difficult to realize the industrial application of coal slime. The coal slime is mainly sold through dehydration after natural sun drying. However, this method covers a large area, is susceptible to weather factors and has low output. Therefore, it is an urgent task to solve the large-scale, mechanization and automation of industrial materials drying.
Our drum dryer is common drying equipment among mining equipment manufacturers. It is suitable for drying materials with high water content, fine particle size, and high viscosity in industrial production such as slime, clean coal, lignite, and clay. Our dryer fully considers the nature and characteristics of the materials in industrial production. We have made a targeted special design on the internal structure of the drum. Not only can the thermal efficiency be effectively improved, but also the adhesion and excessive drying of the material inside the cylinder can be avoided.
The structure and principle of the coal drying equipment
The drum drying equipment is mainly composed of the rotating body, lifting plate, transmission device, induced air system, dust removal equipment, electric control system. It adopted the new type of material lifting plate device that has multiple functions such as guidance, flow sharing, material lifting, etc. It can make the material distribute evenly in the radial section of the dryer and the material curtain becomes thin, uniform and complete so that it can fully contact the hot gas flow to achieve the purpose of making full use of heat energy.
The wet materials are sent to the hopper by the belt conveyor or bucket elevator, then the material will enter the feeding end through the feeding pipe. The inclination of the feeding pipe should be bigger than the natural inclination of the material so that the material can flow smoothly into the dryer. The dryer cylinder is a rotating cylinder slightly inclined to the horizontal.
The material is added from the higher end and the heat carrier enters from the lower end so that thee can have a countercurrent contact. Also, there is a way the materials and heat carriers flow into the cylinder by the same side. The material moves to the lower end by the rotation of the cylinder and the gravity of itself. The wet material is heated directly or indirectly to dry in the process of moving forward in the cylinder, then delivered through a belt or screw conveyor at the discharge end.
The character of our industrial drum dryer
- For materials with high humidity and high viscosity, such as coal slime, it can be equipped with a unique rotary cutting and dispensing device to break the adhered large coal slime into small pieces and then send it to the dryer, which is more conducive to Drying of materials.
- The main drum of the dryer is made of abrasion-resistant steel plate, and the internal structure of the traditional drum has been modified so that the slime can exchange evenly during the drying process, which greatly improves the drying efficiency of the slime.
- The operating parameters can be changed according to different material properties so that the material can form a stable full-break fabric curtain in the dryer cylinder, and the mass and heat exchange is more sufficient
- The dryer has a strong anti-overload ability, large processing capacity, low fuel consumption, and low drying cost.
- The new type of feeding and discharging device eliminates the jamming, discontinuity, unevenness, and return of the drum dryer feeding, and reduces the load on the dust removal system.
- The dryer adopts the “aligning roller device”, so that the matching of the roller and the rolling ring is always in linear contact, thereby greatly reducing wear and power loss.
The applications of dried coal slime
The dried coal slime can be mainly used in the following aspects
- Process slime briquette as a raw material for industrial boilers or residents’ daily use.
- As a fuel in the foundry industry of power plants, it can improve fuel utilization, reduce production costs and increase economic benefits.
- As a cement plant additive to improve cement performance.
- Coal slime containing certain specific ingredients can be used as chemical raw materials.
Applications of our coal drying machine
Our industrial drum dryer can be widely used in the following aspects
- Coal industry coal slime, raw coal, flotation cleaned coal, mixed cleaned coal, and other materials.
- Blast furnace slag, clay, bentonite, limestone, sand, quartz stone, and other materials in the construction industry.
- Various metal concentrates waste residues, tailings, and other materials in the beneficiation industry.
- Non-heat sensitive materials in the chemical industry.