The introduction of the potato
Potatoes are one of the most promising high-yield crops, and they are also one of the top ten most popular nutritious and healthy foods. Potato is an important food crop second only to rice, corn, and wheat. Due to its high and stable yield, wide adaptability, complete nutrients and long industrial chain, it is highly valued by the world. Seed potatoes and various processed products of potato have become an important part of the global economy and trade. The application range of this kind of food is also very wide. The dried potatoes can be used to make potato chips and French fries, which are very popular foods in the market.
Why choosing our drying equipment?
The drying process of potatoes plays a decisive role in the shape, luster and fragrance of potatoes. However, the traditional drying technology can not keep up with the demand, resulting in dried potato products have poor coloring, light fragrance, poor appearance and other problems that affecting the product value seriously. On the contrary, if the potato can be dried well, the value of goods will also increase.
The traditional drying processes include natural dying by the sun, coal-fired boiler and electric oven, etc. Why abandon the traditional ways? Because all of them will have a bad impact on the raw material, especially some heat-sensitive materials. They also have some problems like low thermal energy conversion, low degree of automation, heavy pollution.
However, our heat pump dryer can solve these problems effectively. Our heat pump dryer uses only a small amount of electricity to absorb a lot of heat in the air to dry the potato. Not only the energy consumption is small, the energy conversion rate is high, the quality of drying is also high. The whole process is completely pollution-free and the dryer adopted an automatic temperature control device that can realize 24 hours continuous drying. Based on the above advantages, our heat pump dryer has won the support and trust of the majority of consumers.
The process of potato drying
The potato processing process includes the selection of materials, cleaning, peeling, slicing, blanching, drying, packaging steps.
- Material selection, cleaning, peeling: Choose intact, high-quality potatoes without decay, peel them with a paring knife after washing, and dig out the buds. If the scale is large, the potato wool roller cleaning machine can be used to directly clean and peel the potatoes;
- Slicing: Use a potato slicer to evenly slice the peeled potatoes into slices of 3.5-5 mm, and put them in clean water to prevent oxidation and discoloration;
- Blanching: Blanching in 85-95 degree water for 1-2 minutes, remove it and put it in clean water to cool, drain the surface water;
- Potato Chips Drying: The whole drying process of potato chips is mainly completed in four stages:
- In the initial low-temperature fixing stage: The baking temperature is set to 40℃, the relative humidity of the drying room is 60%, and the drying continues for 2 hours;
- In the initial stage: The baking temperature is set to 55℃, the relative humidity of the drying room is 35%, and the drying lasts for 3 hours;
- Select the drying with dehumidification mode: Set the baking temperature to 70℃, the relative humidity of the drying room is 15%, and continue drying for 5 hours;
- Storage stage: After the drying finished, don’t pack it immediately. It is best to wait until the potato has completely cooled down and consistent with the room temperature before starting to pack. The packed dried potato should be placed in a dry and cool place;
For different kinds of chili and product requirements, the temperature, humidity, drying time will be relatively different during the drying process.
Applications of the potato drying machine
Our dryers can be widely used for drying fruits, vegetables, Chinese medicinal materials, grains, seeds, paper, wood, etc.