Onion is a multifunctional health food, which has many functions such as lowering blood pressure, refreshing, increasing metabolism, anti-aging, and preventing osteoporosis. The dried onions can be made into onion powder, which is widely used in nutrition and health products, functional foods, seasonings, convenience foods, etc. Traditional drying methods such as drying in the sun tend to cause excessive heat and necrosis of the onion skin, and the temperature is not controlled, and it is prone to mosquitoes and rain. Our drying oven can dry onions efficiently and quickly while ensuring quality.
Why choose our onion drying machine？
Hot air circulation drying oven has reached the advanced level at home and abroad by a lot of upgrading, SL-C series special drying oven adopts the axial flow fan, with the automatic constant temperature control system. Its thermal efficiency is more than 95%, adopts a convective heat transfer method to heating the air. Fresh air from the air inlet supplement, waste damp is out from the dehumidification system. Constantly added fresh air and discharged damp to keep the correct relative humidity in the oven. The biggest characteristic of this series of drying ovens is part of the hot air cycling in the cabinet, the entire cycle is closed, so as to enhance the heat transfer, saving energy.
The process of the onion drying
The drying process should be based on different varieties to determine different drying temperatures and drying time, the color and moisture content of the finished product. Next, I will introduce the process of drying onions.
- Temperature: Vegetables generally have a high moisture content, so it is necessary to set a low constant temperature for drying. The high temperature will destroy the nutritional value of vegetables. For ordinary onions, the temperature should generally not exceed 50°C, and the water output rate during drying should reach more than 20%. When drying, the method of stepped cooling and drying is adopted. The initial temperature is set to 40-50°C, and it is in the rapid drying stage at this time. Then lower the temperature to 30-40°C and dry slowly. Finally, the temperature is lowered to about 25°C. At this time, the moisture content has basically met the requirements. If the temperature is too high, the color of the onion will be damaged.
- Drying time: The drying cycle for a batch of onions is about 15 hours, and rapid drying will destroy the quality of the product.
- Humidity: The moisture of onions contains a certain amount of sugar, which makes dehydration difficult. Controlling the speed of dehydration is critical.
The advantages of the onion drying machine
- The inside and outside of the oven are made of stainless steel or color steel, which has the advantages of moisture resistance, corrosion resistance, high strength, and no rust.
- The oven adopts two-way doors to facilitate inspection, disassembly of parts, easy opening, and easy cleaning.
- The equipment uses thermal energy to minimize the thermal energy loss from combustion, and scientifically utilizes the recycling of thermal energy.
- The whole set of equipment has a small footprint, is easy to move, and has no installation costs.
- The air volume, heating temperature, material residence time, and feeding speed can be adjusted to obtain the best drying effect.
- Not only can the material be dried, but sometimes the material can be roasted or matured.
- The unique air distribution device makes the hot air distribution more even and ensures the consistency of product quality.
- The structure is simple, the installation is convenient, and it can run for a long time.
The applications of the onion drying machine
It is suitable for the drying of various materials such as meat products, vegetables, fruits, food, medicinal materials, crops, etc. It makes full use of the different harvesting seasons of unused crops, and uses equipment in time to improve the utilization rate of equipment and funds.